|Introduction to Criminal Justice System||
|Red Cross Emergency Response||
Students will be eligible to receive a maximum of 11 credits through this articulated process for the courses indicated above by meeting the following criteria:
Once the criteria have been met, the student will be awarded the college credits. Course credit gained through this articulation agreement will be placed on the student's transcript, but no grade will be assigned. The credit determination is based upon an evaluation of instruction, which is provided by the Police Academy, and the credits can be used to meet requirements established by Brookdale Community College. Acceptance of these credits in transfer to other institutions will depend on the prevailing policies of the receiving institutions.
Dr. Peter Burnham, President, Brookdale Community College and Mr. Wesley Mayo, Sr., Director, Monmouth COunty Police Academy signed this agreement, effective March 20, 2001.
Click here to access the Police Academy Articulation
1. Complete the Monmouth County Police Academy from Fall 2000 or later; which will be evidenced by certification provided by officials of the Police Academy; and
2. Apply for admission and matriculate (see process below) at Brookdale COmmunity College within 36 months from completion of the Police Academy, or be employed as a Police Officer; and
3. Take the New Jersey Basic Skill Placement Test (Accuplacer) or present evidence, as designated by college officials, which would permit exemption.
CRJU 101 Introduction to Criminal Justice System 3 credits
CRJU 226 Criminal Law 3 credits
FITN 105 Personal Fitness 2 credits
FITN 278 Red Cross Emergency Response 3 credits
1. Submit an Application to Brookdale Community College (A $25.00 non-refundable application fee is required and should be submitted with the application.
2. On the Admission Application indicate (check-off box) that you will be a Degree (regular) student enrolled in a degree program, and choose a major, Criminal Justice for example.
3. In addition to the application, all degree students must complete a request for High School Transcript and an Immunization Record form.
4. All new students are required to take the pre-registration test (New Jersey Basic Skills Placement Test) before they may register. The test results play no role in your admission to the College.
5. After you have taken the tests, you will be assigned a Student Development Specialist (counselor). After you have made an appointment and met with your Student Development Specialist and received their approval, you may register for a class.
6. After you have successfully completed a course at Brookdale, ask your Counselor to send a request to Recruitment Services to have your Police Academy credits put on your transcript. You will need to provide the Admissions Office with documentation of completion of Police Academy Training (obtained from Police Academy Officials) in order to receive the credits. The course credits will then appear on your transcript, but no grade will be assigned.
Current and Reactivating Students:
If you are a current or past Brookdale student and have already taken one or more of the courses identified above, you may not receive duplicative credit or a refund. You may however, receive credit for the courses you have not taken previously.
If you are a reactivating student, you will not need to pay the $25.00 application fee again. You will need to complete any steps outlined under student process that your did not previously complete.